When: Friday 10th June – Sunday 12th June / Cost: £50.00 (non-residential)
Are you planning on submitting your thesis by September 2016 but are finding it difficult to finish? Why not apply to Thesis Boot Camp, a no-time-for-procrastination, take-no-prisoners intensive writing weekend. Think you’ve got what it takes? Introductory sessions will include motivational talks, goal setting and strategies for writing quickly and writing well. Support staff will be on hand and catering will be provided to ensure an encouraging, distraction-free environment. This event is ideal for late-stage PGRs who are planning on submitting their thesis in the autumn of 2016.
- This event is open to PGR students from any faculty who are planning to submit their thesis between Sept-Dec 2016. Preference will be given to PGRs submitting by September 2016. If you are not submitting in Sept-Dec 2016 then DO NOT APPLY. There are many other writing events taking place throughout the year that are available for you to attend.
- In order to gain maximum benefit from this event, you will be required to complete several pre-event planning activities.
- You should have already written several sections of your thesis.
If you are interested in participating in Thesis Boot Camp please contact the correct faculty contact for the list below and request full details and the application form
- Faculty of Humanities: Eljee.Javier@manchester.ac.uk
- Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences: Alex.Hinchliffe@manchester.ac.uk
- Faculty of Life Sciences: Davina.Whitnall@manchester.ac.uk
- Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences: email@example.com
The application form must be submitted by 12noon, Friday 8th April 2016 to your Faculty Contact. Late applications will not be accepted.